Monday, December 29, 2014

A Carbon County environmental organization

Carbon County has three state parks, acres of state game land, trout streams, lakes, wetlands, a fairly large river, an Environmental Center on Lentz Trail and a nature center at Lehigh Gap.  What we don’t have is a county-wide environmental group working to preserve our environmental heritage.  


I think we need one to act on new threats like the PennEast pipeline and loss of farmland and old threats like acid mine drainage.  I know Carbon County is chock full of environmentalists, but we aren’t organized, and as individuals we don’t have much power.  I’m thinking that next year I might just work on an organizational structure to give all of us tree huggers some real clout. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I hope that all of the people can come together and form a strong group to preserve the environment before any more damage is done to it. Preserve it now before it is lost.

    ReplyDelete