Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wedding announcement

When you are in your twenties, you get invited to lots of weddings.  Your friends from high school and college are getting hitched.  I was an usher or participant in at least four weddings in my twenties, in addition to two of my own.

By the time you reach your seventies, you go to funerals.  I attended two funerals in Palmerton last Monday and Tuesday.  It gets depressing.  

That is why I am so pleased to announce the nuptials of two of my dear friends Janette and Anne later this month in Brussels, Belgium.  I’ve known these two delightful people since the late 80s, when we lived in Danville, California.  


While I won’t be able to fly to Belgium for the wedding, I will be there in spirit.  Congratulations, best wishes, and hugs to Janette and Anne.  And, if I might add, it’s about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment