Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Supply your own comment; I'm not going there

The state House of Representatives yesterday debated a bill to force doctors to become inquisitors of pregnant women to determine whether they wish to terminate their pregnancy because the child might have Down syndrome.  The bill would say that those pregnancies would have to be carried to term.  The bill makes no mention of help for those families with increased medical bills and other difficulties often encountered.  

In Pennsylvania abortion is now permitted up to 24 weeks for any reason except to choose the gender of the child, although there is no way to enforce that prohibition either.


In the debate Republican Speaker Mike Turzai, a prime sponsor of the bill, said “I think sometimes, ‘Oh my goodness, what if my parents for some reason, didn’t think I was good enough as an unborn child?’”

No comments:

Post a Comment