Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Bush, Flynn, and the EPA

If you are a blogger, the rule is never post about more than one item.  I generally follow that rule, but I have three topics today, so bear with me.

Bush:  Almost no one who lives a long life is all good or all bad.  I have done embarrassing, cruel, and illegal things in my life.  (I am not about to spell them out.)  I just hope I have offset them.  We do have a tendency when a person dies to ignore the bad things and speak only of the good. That seems to have been the case with George Bush today.  

On the other hand, there are people on the left end of the political spectrum who refuse to recognize good things Bush has done.  When Iraq invaded Kuwait, that was the first time since World War II that a country invaded and seized another independent state.  Bush put together the coalition to roll that back and then had the good sense not to invade Iraq.  

It is interesting to think about Trump.  If he died today, I cannot think of a single good thing to say about him.

Flynn:  He said if he had done one/tenth of what Hillary Clinton did, he would be in jail.  He led chants at Trump rallies: “LOCK HER UP.”  Since Hillary Clinton was not found guilty of any crimes and Flynn was, I feel like doing a one-person protest, standing in downtown Jim Thorpe with a sign “LOCK HIM UP.”  

On the other hand, he seems to have provided major information on the illegalities of the Trump administration and that, in turn, encouraged others to testify.  I understand the need for “flipping” witnesses.  I just hope this bastard has learned some humility.

EPA:  But here is the big news for today, in case you missed it.  It is far more important for the globe than either Bush or Flynn.  The EPA is rolling back climate change regulations on coal-fired plants, making it easier to build new power plants..  This not only affects the U.S., but it will encourage other countries to proceed with coal burning plants.  


You probably did miss it.  It was on page B-3 of the New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment