Monday, February 11, 2019

Hypnosis

The young Muslim congresswoman from Minnesota is being accused of anti-Semitism because she said the Israeli lobby has ‘hypnotized” people.  This is evidently an anti-Semitic trope.  She has apologized.

She said she was unaware.  I consider myself an aware person.  I know what a pogrom is.  I know about the “Protocols of the Elders of Zion.”  I know about the Spanish Inquisition, the English expulsion of Jews, the Diaspora, the Dreyfuss case, and Theodor Herzl.  I consider myself a Zionist.

Nonetheless, I did not know and had never heard this thing about hypnosis.  Let’s cut this young Congresswoman some slack.


You can be opposed to the settlements, the treatment of Palestinians, and the current Israeli government without being an anti-Semite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment