Sunday, May 26, 2019

Coat hangers

I know that many of you are upset with the recent Alabama legislation that criminalizes abortion.  I know that you are angry that a doctor can receive a penalty of 99 years for performing an abortion, that there is no exception for rape or incest, that an 11-year-old girl who is raped and pregnant by her father is not allowed to abort, that while it is ok to flush embryos in fertility clinics down the toilet but embryos implanted in a woman must be carried to term–I understand your anger.


Nonetheless, I really don’t think you should send coat hangers to Mississippi governor Kay Ivey, 600 Dexter Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130 as a protest.  True, she did sign the bill.  True, her “pro-life” stance does not extend to prisoners on death row.  Nonetheless, I don’t think you should send coat hangers as a protest to her at 600 Dexter Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130.

No comments:

Post a Comment