Friday, January 24, 2020

Parasite

The continuous destruction of the environment, the deepening corruption, the on-going suppression of votes, the supine Republican senators–it just got to me, so I went to the movies to see “Parasite” directed by South Korean director Bong Joon Ho.  

I give it two thumbs up.  Funny and scary by turns, it is a favorite to win an Academy Award for best picture.  I was amazed that in a county with about 60,000 people, there were only two people in the theater on the night it opened at the Mahoning Theater.  That would be Linda and me.  

Maybe the subtitles scared people off.  Maybe it’s because nothing blows up.  Nobody gets shot, although people do come to bad ends.  But see it for yourself.  


Note:  When a reader comments, I almost always respond.  Ever since I had the computer cleaned out of “cookies” and a new operating system installed, I can no longer post comments.  I did some research and found I need an app called RSS.  I have no idea how to get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment