Saturday, June 5, 2021

I-80

 When our daughter was little and visiting with my parents in Towamensing Township, I would tell her that she could always get back to California if she just followed I-80 west.  She has told me since that was actually very reassuring.

That is pretty much what we are doing.  We are following I-80, which often times parallels the old Lincoln Highway.  I’ve heard people say it is boring, but it really isn’t.  If you do want a change of scenery, you can get off and follow the old U.S. highways that often parallel I-80.  For example, we drove about 50 miles on Route 6 from Atlantic to Council Bluffs today.  It’s an excellent two-lane blacktop with little traffic through rolling hills.

We saw an interesting billboard about ten miles inside Wyoming this afternoon.  It had a picture of Liz Cheney with the text, “Thank you Congressman Cheney for defending the Constitution.”  

Tomorrow I am wearing a Carbon County AFL-CIO union shirt from a St. Patrick’s Day parade from years ago.  We will be going though Carbon County, Wyoming, and the people here won’t know it is from Pennsylvania.  It will confuse the local Trumpists.

No comments:

Post a Comment