Saturday, September 18, 2021

Advice for the Biden Administration

 In grad school my area of concentration was International Relations.  I had a month’s internship at the U.N. and a summer internship at the State Department.  I feel well qualified to give advice.  It’s needed.

First, I understand that the largest threat to U.S. security, other than global warming, is China.  Not international terrorism, not Russia, not wanna-be dictators like Bolsonaro, not Haitian refugees under a bridge, but China.  

I also understand that we will be in another period like that of the Cold War, where both the U.S. and China will do their best to avoid a nuclear war but will engage in a cat and mouse arms race.  Finally, I understand that U.S. submarines are able to do a better job at hovering off the Chinese coast than French subs can.

Nonetheless, France is a U.S. ally.  It has not always done everything the U.S. wanted, but the obverse is also true.  You don’t cost a good friend a $60 billion deal without some consultation.  You don’t go behind an ally’s back.  It’s a rule you learn in grade school–don’t crap on your friends.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dr Trash as I know you!
    Found you!! Its Dino Righetti
    TRW days gone by ! Seems like many people have occupied the White House since we last me
    & looks like we are still & probably more so ! In CRAP!
    IVE GOT CARDBOARD FOR YOU TO PICK UP !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was unexpected. Send an email to and tell me some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I chalk up this and Afghanistan as Biden's rookie year mistakes. I'm reminded of Obama's rookie-year missteps -- trying to ban Fox News from the White House press conferences and gifting Gordon Brown a box set of DVDs. However, the submarine deal and Afghanistan are much bigger mistakes. With Biden's team of competent, experienced people, I'm frankly very surprised.

    ReplyDelete