Friday, February 18, 2022

Collapse in Rural Areas

 Today’s Allentown Morning Call featured a front-page article discussing how the Democratic Party has almost collapsed in the rural areas of Pennsylvania..  The Dems are doing fairly well in the urban areas, but in counties like Carbon and Schuylkill they have sunk to new lows in voting and registration.

This may be hard to believe in the United States of  America, but in some counties Democrats are afraid to put out yard signs.  We ran into this during the Biden campaign when we saw many of our signs stolen, spray-painted, or ripped apart.  

On the other hand, I still have my Biden bumper sticker on the tailgate of my pickup, and nobody has ever done anything to it.  There may be two reasons, however.  First, I have also have a bumper sticker advertising Deer Creek Archery and one that says, “No Farms, No Beer.”  It’s kind of a mixed message.  Secondly, if someone did key my truck, I don’t think I’d notice, what with all the dents and scratches and blue tape fastening a panel above the passenger door.

No comments:

Post a Comment