Sunday, February 27, 2022

To my Russian readers

 I have been amazed when I look at the breakdown of countries where these posts are read.  In the past Russia was one of the countries with quite a few readers.  I have no idea why someone in Russia would be interested in what I have to say, and maybe it is some kind of hoax, but if you are a Russian reader, I want you to know that I don’t think you are to blame for the invasion of the Ukraine, no more than I was to blame for the stupid actions of Donald Trump.  

I also think some of your fellow countrymen and women who have stood up and demonstrated against the invasion of Ukraine are incredibly brave.  We are having our own local demonstration in support of Ukraine on Thursday, March 3, at 11 a.m. and the Courthouse Annex in Jim Thorpe.  The worst that could happen to us is perhaps a parking ticket.  In Russia we could lose our jobs, be entered in a police record, and perhaps be thrown in prison.  Demonstrations there take courage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment