Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The finish line

 Because of the court actions on the redistricting, we only have eight days to collect 300 signatures from Democratic voters in Carbon County if we want to get our candidate for the 122nd House district on the ballot.  If that does not seem like many signatures, you obviously haven't worked on a campaign.  People aren't home, or they've moved, or they changed parties, or they won't answer the door, or they "don't sign anything."  It is a slow process, one signature at a time.  Say you average three an hour.  That means 100 hours of collecting, and you can't go out in the morning, and forget after dark.  

It will be a close thing.  I'll let you know if we made it on Monday, when the petitions must be filed.

2 comments:

  1. I've run into those problems myself. Even had one woman call her son telling him that someone as trying to break into her house. He found me a couple of blocks away, he wanted to know what I was doing. Told him I was campaigning for my candidate. Showed him my stuff and he was happy with that.

    You have to be careful out there. Especially with second amendment people. Hope you make it. Seems like they should have allowed some extra time for doing the signature collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far no guns. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete