Thursday, September 22, 2022

Cult v. political party

I don’t like the Biden plan to roll back the debt on college student loans.  It feels like an insult to those students who sacrificed to pay off their debts, and it lets parents who didn’t help their kids bypass their parental responsibilities.  

I am aware that some of the loans are the same type loan sharks make, where the interest payments insure that you never can pay off the principal.  The program could have been tailored better and presented better.  The timing was also terrible, right before the midterms.

Notice that I can disagree with Biden’s policies, even though I am a Democrat.  That’s because I am in a political party.  Have you ever heard a Trump supporter disagree with any policy, action, or statement of Donald Trump?  Of course you haven’t.  His followers support absolutely everything he does.  

And that is the difference between a political party and a cult.

No comments:

Post a Comment