Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Knowing more than DeSantis

When I don’t know much about something, I generally try to keep my mouth shut.  For example, I have no idea why the Silicon Valley Bank failed.  I don’t understand the whole interest rate/deposit/panic thing, I don’t know anything about banking regulations.  Not my area of expertise.


What I do know is that when you have an ally fighting for your interests against a country that means you harm, you don’t announce that the U.S. has no interest in that ally.  Especially when you are running for President.  


If DeSantis is the nominee and Biden is tottering along and you are Putin, why not keep fighting until DeSantis wins?f  Then you can finish off Ukraine and confront a weakened and isolated U.S.  This is a problem with nominating a guy who may know a great deal about DisneyWorld and Burmese pythons and elementary school books but obviously does not know a hill of beans about foreign policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment