Thursday, September 24, 2026

A woman who doesn't understand democratic government

In a front page article on “Voters’ Distrust,” a woman from Pennsylvania was quoted about her opinion of Gov. Josh Shapiro.  She described his position on a data center in her town as an “about-face.”  


She said, “ I don’t trust him now.  He’s just saying what he needs to get votes.”  Yes, and I love him for it.  He is responding to the will of the people.  That is what is supposed to happen in a democracy.  Politicians are supposed to reflect what we want.


I take pride in changing my mind on certain political issues as I learn more about them and realize I was wrong.  And no, I am not going to embarrass myself and detail what some of those issues were.  And thank you, Gov. Shapiro, for listening to the people of Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment