Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Al Sharpton


Jonah Goldberg’s essays occasionally appear in the Allentown Morning Call in a section  featuring a liberal and a conservative.  Goldberg is always “on the right,” and I agree with him perhaps one in a hundred times.  Today was one of those times.

Goldberg wrote about Al Sharpton.  I do not understand why Sharpton is featured on MSNBC, or appears on talk shows, or is ever taken seriously.  As Goldberg points out, he was a ringleader in the Tawana Brawley hoax, in which he accused (falsely) a district attorney and police officers of gang-rapping a fifteen-year-old in a racist attack in 1987.  Sharpton never apologized for attempting to wreck people’s lives.  I am a forgiving person, but I want people to be repentant before I forgive them.

Goldberg mentions two other incidents where Sharpton whipped up anti-Semitic rage, resulting in riots and deaths.

Why MSNBC gives this charlatan his own program is beyond me.  He is a self-important and pompous ass who has done evil and never apologized.  

On Fox “News” Glenn Beck brought disrepute to the whole network. The powers that be finally dumped him.  Sharpton does the same thing on MSNBC, but he’s still on the air.  As long as he is, I will not watch that channel.

3 comments:

  1. Personally I am not a fan of Al Sharpton. However, I think you might be missing a lot by not watching Rachel Maddow and Lawrence Odonnel. Give them a try. Chris hayes is OK.

    As for Chris Matthews, I wish he would let his guests answer his questions and stop interupting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al Sharrpton is the worst! I think he sucks. Why he is on at the prime 6pm hour baffles me. Sharrpton does nothing for the Democratic Party. The harder Sharpton pushes his issues, the quicker white, rural , working class, male people he pushes away.

    It pisses me off that the Democratic Party is not reaching out to working class whites! They once were the bread and butter of the party. Democrats WIN on the economic message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen Rachael Maddow, and I think she is great. I really think Sharpton brings down the whole network, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete