Sunday, July 7, 2013

Who told you I was paranoid?


My friend Jeremy operates a cottage industry making tee shirts.  The first one I ordered says “Who told you I was paranoid?  Was it the government?”  

I thought it was really funny, but now I’m not so sure.  I am sending a package to my grandson in Chico tomorrow.  According to information that came to light last week, that piece of mail will be photographed.  No, the Post Office won’t open it (I hope), but it will photograph the outside of the envelope.  The United States Postal Service photographed approximately 160 billion pieces of mail last year.

This is an agency that has talked about closing down on Saturdays for lack of money.  It is an agency I’ve defended in the past.  I do my best to support it.  And now I find out that the USPS has enough funds to photograph every piece of mail sent in the U.S.  I’m getting very paranoid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment