Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring


The crocuses are up, vegetable seeds are arriving, and grackles and red-winged blackbirds are back.  The only remaining snow is in the woods on the north side of the mountain and in drift locations.

It was such a nice day I decided to clean out the chicken coop.  To test whether I could take the truck over the back yard, I drove into the trailhead parking lot across the road from our house to see how soft the ground was.  I promptly got stuck.  Really stuck.

I collected some boards to put under the wheels, but as I was placing them, a young guy in a truck pulled over and asked if I needed a tow.  He had a chain which we hooked to my truck and in less than a minute I was out.

I offered him money for beer, and he absolutely refused to take any.  He jumped into his truck and off he went.   I didn’t get his name, but I’m pretty sure he was a Democrat.

1 comment:

  1. At least there are some good people around. A republican would have wanted at least $50.

    ReplyDelete