Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Do you still like Obama?

As I was entering the Kresgeville Post Office today, a woman coming out stopped in the doorway and asked me that question.  I assume she saw the Obama bumper sticker on the tailgate of my truck.  She didn’t sound nasty, just curious and somewhat unbelieving.  I told her, “More than ever.” 

She then asked why?  I told her that millions of Americans were now getting health care who hadn’t received it before.  I said Obama had not stumbled into war in the Middle East, and I was sure that if Bush or McCain had been president, we would have.  As for the immigration crisis, I said that I didn’t think we should shoot children crossing the border.


She looked horrified at that and said, “Oh no, I’m a Christian.”  We left it there.  I said, “Nice talking to you,” and went in to mail my package.

No comments:

Post a Comment