Thursday, April 9, 2015

Congressman Matt Cartwright's Town Hall

Tonight Congressman Cartwright held a “Town Hall” at the Opera House in Jim Thorpe.  I was expecting Tea Party people with their “Don’t Tread On Me “ Tee-shirts, so I came prepared.

I wore my own “Don’t Tread On Me” Tee shirt with a rattlesnake coiled and emblazoned with “Earth First.”  I also took along a poster that said, “Don’t tread on little salamanders either.”  As it turned out, no Tea Party members.


Cartwright was wonderful.  He favors repeal of the Haliburton loophole for gas and oil companies, favors net neutrality, and questions why private for-profit companies are allowed to use eminent domain for oil pipelines.  He is funny, quick on his feet, and smart as a whip.  I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have represent me in Congress.  Well, maybe Nancy Pelosi.

No comments:

Post a Comment