Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Visit to the E.R.

I took a break this afternoon to sit on the porch and eat tortilla chips and drink two Coronitas (they are half-size bottles of Coronas).  Then I went up to the stone waterway to cut the brush that grows up every year.  I stumbled and put both hands out to break the fall.  The left hand landed hard on a previously-cut brush stem.  

The bleeding was rather dramatic.  Linda wrapped up the hand and drove me to the Lehighton Hospital E.R., where the nurse “irrigated” the wound, tried to glue back the tear, which didn’t work to well, and ended up suturing me with two stitches.

The bandage has slipped a bit, and the wound is seeping slightly, but I think I’ll be ok.  I learned that the hospital no longer sterilizes scissors and tweezers because of strict rules on preventing infections, so the nurse gave them to me as souvenirs.


Next time, instead of the Coronitas, I’ll drink diet coke.  And just to make this political, Medicare and my CA Blue Cross will cover the E.R. visit, which I’m sure otherwise would have cost me hundreds of dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment