Saturday, October 21, 2017

Lehighton Halloween Parade

Being old and lazy, my role in the Lehighton Halloween Parade was to sit on the tailgate of the truck and hand filled containers of candy to the marchers.  These parades are always fun.  Kids love getting the candy, and their parents and grandparents have a good time watching the kids.

Of course, there were a few people along the route who yelled “Trump” or something equally obnoxious.  This in the week in which Trump’s painting which he claimed to be an original Renoir was exposed as a fake.  This in the week in which we find out he lied about contacting “Gold Star” families.  This in the week in which he gave himself a “ten” for his work in Puerto Rico.  This in the week where he tried to appoint a friend of the opioid pill industry as his “czar” to fight the opioid epidemic.

If I had been a Trump voter, I sure wouldn’t be yelling it out.  I’d be denying it vehemently.  I’d be so ashamed at what I had done that I would lie like a rug and tell people I was too sick on election day to vote.


After I wrote this, I showed it to a knowledgeable friend who explained that there is a certain level of stupid that achieves its own equilibrium, and that level tends to stay the same over time.  I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment