Saturday, May 12, 2018

I voted for John McCain

It was in the 2000 California primary.  Al Gore had the Democratic nomination sewed up.  California had a closed primary, which meant you had to be a party member to vote in that party’s primary.  Since the big race was on the Republican side with George Bush vs. John McCain, I switched parties to vote for McCain.  A day after the election I switched back (to Green, incidentally, although I did campaign for Gore in the fall.)


There were many things McCain did that I didn’t like, and quite a few that I admired.  Yesterday a senior administration official said of McCain’s opposition to the CIA nominee, “It doesn’t matter, he’s dying anyway.”  Once again we are exposed to the tawdry behavior of the Bone Spur Trump administration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment