Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A total lack of irony

The Carbon County Fair officials always put the Democrats and the Republicans directly across from one another.  We are usually friendly to each other, exchanging pleasantries.  I told one fair goer to come back at 9 p.m. when we threw rotten tomatoes at each other, but that was obviously in jest.

What struck me today, however, was one of the Republican volunteers was wearing a shirt that had a huge word “liar” on the back.  The dot over the “i” was a picture of Hillary Clinton.  I think the Washington Post is keeping track of Trump lies, and he is well over a thousand, which more added almost every day.

Really?  You wear a shirt with”liar” referring to Hillary Clinton.  Are you that out of it?  That tone deaf? 


Oh, wait.  You are a Trump supporter.  I think you’ve answered those questions.

2 comments:

  1. It never fails to amaze me that Trump supporters can call Hillary Clinton all kinds of names, accuse her of all kinds of crimes and yet they have zero proof of any of it. Trump is announcing his crimes to all the world on Twitter, but somehow that's ok. I just don't get it. I'll be working the booth on Saturday. Hope I can stay civil to the crew across the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't see any need to be civil.

    ReplyDelete