Friday, April 26, 2019

Letter to Rep. Mueser on Robocalls

Today I wrote to Rep. Mueser, my Republican member of Congress.  Here's what I said:

Dear Congressman Mueser:

I understand that Congress is divided, with a Democratic House and a Republican Senate, and I understand that partisanship is intense in both chambers, making it difficult for Congress to act on comprehensive health care reform, global climate change, or meaningful immigration reform.  I understand that some members have no interest in confronting a president who is, in my view, undermining the very values of our democracy.

Nonetheless, there are recognized and fairly non-controversial problems that I believe Congress could solve or at least alleviate.  One of them is robocalls.  Over half the calls I receive are unwanted, unnecessary, and incredibly annoying.  Is there not a bi-partisan solution to stopping this irritating misuse of our communication system?


I know unwanted phone calls are a small matter in the overall scheme of world problems, but it would improve the lives of millions of Americans if something were done to fix this.

I expect he will get right on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment