Saturday, July 24, 2021

Tax cheats

 You know how Republicans are always for law and order, how they want to crack down on criminals, how they support the “thin blue line,” how they want penalties and jail terms increased.

Don’t believe a word of it.  The Democrats in Congress are trying to strengthen the ability of the I.R.S. to audit more tax returns, especially returns of high income taxpayers.  The Republicans in Congress are opposed.  They have admitted they don’t want people audited.  Some have said audits are a “political tool.”  

There’s nothing “political” about it.  If you don’t pay the taxes you owe, you have committed a crime, same as if you robbed a bank.  Go to jail.

Note that for regular workers, our taxes are automatically deducted.  My two main jobs were warehouseman and professor, and for both of those jobs, my taxes were taken out before I received my paycheck.  There was no reason to audit me.

So who cheats?  Rich people.  Hedge fund owners.  Trump.  

I am really tired of people who call themselves patriots, talk about saving America, put little flags on their lapels, and then cheat on their taxes.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Sad that I as an 83 year old still pay taxes. All my life I paid, and am still paying.

    ReplyDelete