Friday, June 10, 2022

Carbon Dems reorganization meeting

Tomorrow the County Committee members of the Democratic Party of Carbon County will meet in Lehighton to elect a chair, vice chair, treasurer, and secretary.  I’m not a Committeeman, but I will be voting.  (I hold a proxy for a Committeewoman who is unable to attend.)  I don’t anticipate any fireworks; Carbon Democrats are unified behind Shapiro, Fetterman, Wild, and Kost.  

Carbon County, like the Carbon Counties in Utah, Wyoming, and Montana, is Republican in registration, but not necessarily in voting.  It is difficult for me to understand why any voter would vote for Mastriano, who is calling for annual voter registration, or Heffley, who bought into the Trump lie that the election was stolen, or Scheller, who is opposed to all abortions, or Oz, for all kinds of reasons.  But that’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment