Saturday, June 11, 2022

Hiatus

I’ve been blogging since Nov. 5, 2010.  For the first four years the site was labeled “Sajeonogi,” which is Korean for “knocked down four times, rising up five.”  At least that is what I was told.  I switched over to “Dr. Roy Christman’s Blog” in July 2014.  It is easier to spell and to remember.

My readership is small, partly because the blog lacks visual excitement.  In my total of 4024 posts I’ve published one picture.  

Unfortunately, my knowledge of computer technology is almost Amish.  For example, a number of my readers would like to become followers.  I have no idea how they do that, and people have been frustrated trying to post comments.

One problem I don’t have is finding topics.  On many days I have three or four items on which I’d like to comment.  If you read this blog more than a few times, you know I have opinions on just about everything.  

In any case I need a break.  I don’t know how long Google Crome will host a blog that isn’t used, and I may occasionally come back with an opinion on a topic I feel compelled to share.  What I won’t do is post regularly, at least for the summer.  

I have never considered opening a Facebook page or a Twitter account.  I might get more readers, but I regard most social media outlets at pernicious and dangerous to civility and American democracy. 

To my faithful readers, some of whom have become friends, thank you for reading.  If for some reason you would like to get in touch, my email is hiramc at ptd dot net.

Roy Christman

Back for a brief message.  It's July 4.  Since I posted this, I have been getting all kinds of weird mail, including solicitations from "hot babes" and Walmart.  A friend of mine said that there are companies that scan the internet for email addresses, and I should write out the address to prevent this.  I suppose if the program is sophisticated enough, it could figure out the written address, but the hot babes were kind of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment