Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Pakistan and Oklahoma

Pakistan just increased the penalties for blasphemy.  You can get 10 years in prison for insulting the Prophet Muhammad’s wives, companions, or close relatives.  Also that sentence can be extended to life.  I don’t know exactly what is defined as a close relative, but I wouldn’t even take a chance on second cousins.


In Oklahoma, meanwhile, Governor Kevin Stitt celebrated his re-election this past November with this little sermon to god:


“Every square inch, we claim it for you in the name of Jesus.  Father, we can do nothing apart from you....  We just thank you, we claim Oklahoma for you, as the authority that I have as governor, and the spiritual authority and the physical authority that you give me.  I claim Oklahoma for you, that we will be the light to our country and to the world right here in our state.

No comments:

Post a Comment