Thursday, January 6, 2011

Keeping my New Year's resolution

One of my New Year's resolutions was to write to my Republican members of Congress at least once a month.  This letter is going out tomorrow.


Dear Congressman Barletta:
Under the Health Reform bill enacted last session, millions of Americans who had no health insurance will now be able to afford it.  Insurance companies can’t use pre-existing conditions to deny coverage, college students can stay on their parents’ health plans, and millions of dollars will be saved on Medicare expenses.
That the Republican Congress as its first act of business would attempt to return to conditions before that bill was enacted says to me that the new majority would rather make political points than do what is best for the country.  I urge you to turn away from your party’s leadership and vote the interests of your constituents.


I'm sure this will be the deciding factor in Barletta's vote.

2 comments:

  1. Roy, I heard it suggested that the bill should always be referred to by its real name, "The Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act." I agree! It makes it even more clear what the Republicans want to take away. As a constitutent, I wrote to Lou myself tonight and will mail it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roy, that sounds like a good resolution to make--I think I will do that as well!
    and Debbie, thanks for the clarification of the bill's name...

    ReplyDelete