Saturday, January 29, 2011

Man in the Street

“With the harsh winter we’re having, do you believe the world’s in danger of global warming?”  This question was asked of five people in a sort of “Man on the Street” column that Times News ran on January 29.
What a great idea, I thought.  I’ll ask a similar question and publish the results on my blog.  I picked five people at random in downtown Parryville and asked “Do you believe the sun revolves around the earth?”
The response:
Bob Rural, East Side:  Well, yeah.  You can see it come up every morning in the east and set every night in the west.  Don’t you think that is kind of a silly question?
Fred Weisenheimer, East Penn:  I believe that question was settled during Galileo’s trial.
Dag Largo, Little Gap,  I’ve heard that it does, but I think the scientific evidence isn’t clear.  There are lots of scientists who disagree.  
Warden Schmidt,  Long Run:  Why do you want to know?  Are you one of those liberals?
Fred Reinsoft, New Columbus:  That’s a toughie.  I think I saw something about that on Hannity.  Or was it Glenn Beck?

No comments:

Post a Comment