Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rickie, Rickie

My mother sometimes used an expression on occasions when somebody made a particularly mean or stupid remark.  She would simply say, “Consider the source.”  
After reading the comments of former Pennsylvania Senator Rickie Santorum on abortion, slavery, and President Obama, for some reason I thought of mother’s expression.  There’s no point to getting all worked up about Santorum--just consider the source.
Note:  I’ll be attending a convention of liberals in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting).  Workshops include organizing, voter contact, and media relations   I’ll be reporting on the speakers and workshops when I return on Monday. 
Did you ever notice how little tugboats can turn a giant ship around?  That’s what we liberals plan to do to the ship of state.  We are going to turn this baby around.

No comments:

Post a Comment