Friday, December 23, 2011

The 99%

We were eating pancakes and bacon in Central Lunch, the little restaurant by the railroad tracks in Weissport, and it hit me that not a single resident of Weissport was in the 1%.  Weissport is a small borough of about 800 people, and none of them would qualify.  Then I thought about Carbon County itself.  Obviously I don’t know even half of the 62,000+ residents, but I would bet that we don’t have 620 people in the 1%.  I’m fairly sure we don’t even have 62, or one-tenth of 1%.  
So isn’t it amazing that we have thousands of residents registered in a party that doesn’t represent them.  Why would anyone in Weissport support a party that backs policies dedicated to helping the richest 1%?  I don’t get it.
By the way, the Central Lunch makes great pancakes.

P.S.:  I did credit the wrong Bush for endorsing Chicken Poop Romney.  Thanks to Geojr for the correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment