Monday, December 19, 2011

Mr. Romney

I suppose readers have noticed that I try to keep my message reasonable and rational.  I usually refer to people, including people I really dislike, as Mr. and Ms.  I don’t use bad language or gratuitous insults.  In Romney’s case, however, I have decided call him what he is--chicken poop.
First, here’s what he says about President Obama:  “There is such a feeling that President Obama has to be removed from the White House and we have someone who believes in American principles there again, that we’ll come together.”  Note the not-so-sly reference to Obama as “the other,” the guy who really lacks American values. This is an echo of the Heffley campaign slogan in 2010--”He’s one of us.”  It is not enough to criticize your opponent, you must demonize him.  Romney is saying President Obama is un-American.
Secondly, Romney’s campaign used a clip of Obama saying, “If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.”  When it was pointed out that Obama was quoting a campaign aide of McCain, Romney refused to pull the ad, and his campaign staff was delighted that the spot received even more coverage.  Romney said, “We obviously got under their skin.”  
Thirdly, an article today in the New York Times entitled “Buyout Profits Keep Flowing to Romney,” noted that when Romney quit the Bain company in 1999 he signed an agreement which literally provides him with literally millions of dollars a year.  He is obviously not in the 99%.  How does Bain make all that money?  In many cases by consulting with companies and recommending lay-offs.
From now to the election, I will end my politeness in Romney’s case.  Henceforth he will be referred to as “Chicken Poop Romney.”

1 comment:

  1. I would flat out use the other four letter word. I know that you don't wish to use it because you wish to keep this site clean.

    Romney needs to be called out for what he is. He sure as hell is not nor has he ever been a "job creator". I suppose he has created some jobs--not in this country though. He is nothing more than an arbitrager who only destroys companies. Thus losing more jobs in the U.S. That is how he made his millions. Is he someone that the U.S. needs in the White House? Never!!!!

    ReplyDelete