Thursday, December 29, 2011

A new low

Yesterday the Times News, a newspaper based in Lehighton, Pennsylvania, ran what I think is the most tasteless editorial cartoon I have ever seen in a mainstream newspaper.  It pictures President Obama sitting in the Oval Office saying, “Of the greatest presidents I think I’m number four.”  A man in a chair across from him holding a sheet labeled “approval” replies:  “Most Americans think you are a number two.”
Just think.  The Times News is saying the President of the United States, the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, the man elected to office by the voters of the United States, is “shit.”
This cartoon is not only in poor taste, it is positively juvenile.  I have sent an email to the editor expressing my opinion.  If you would like to do likewise, you can write either to the editor Bob Urban at <burban@tnonline.com> or the Times News itself at <tneditor@tnonline.com>.  

No comments:

Post a Comment