Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Facebook


Tonight both a fellow blogger and a webmaster whose site I occasionally visit urged me to open a Facebook account.  They assured me that I would have many more readers for this blog if I were on Facebook.  There is some way you can link a blog to your Facebook page, and my readership, which is loyal but small, would increase exponentially.  

I just can’t bring myself to do it.  I keep thinking about Andy Borowitz’s statement that there is a fine line between social media and and wasting your f...... life.  I don’t understand the idea of “friends” that you connect with via a computer.  I think of friends as people you call when you need to move a heavy metal desk.  Friends pick you up at the airport, or bring you soup when you are sick, or come to your memorial service.  From what I have read, most Facebook “friends” would not do those things.

So I will continue to post my blogs for my loyal readers.  I appreciate each and every one of you.  I also hope that a few of you will come to my memorial service.  I already know that at least two of you would help me move a heavy metal desk. 

2 comments:

  1. I do have a facebook page. I really only post things that I do not want everyone to know. It is a way to stay informed with our family that is spread all around the country. Like in the case of a death of Marie's Aunt. We share pictures of many of the kids that everyone has. These are things that make it nice to have.

    ReplyDelete