Wednesday, May 15, 2013

On the road, again

We're on our way to see the American Indian museum on the Capitol Mall.  Sandra is feeding the chickens, Helen is watching the house, and I'm hoping the hot pepper seedlings can survive for two days without water.

We stopped in at the Virginia Arboretum.  Varieties of flowers are blooming, and the irises alone were worth the walk.  We also passed through a "rural historic preservation area."  I often think of Virginia as backward, but in many respects it is way ahead of Pennsylvania.

I know I was supposed to post about majority tyranny in Pakistan tonight, but I must make a comment on the I.R.S. targeting the Tea Party groups.  What irritates me more than anything is that the whole disaster diverts attention from real scandal, which is that hundreds of millions of dollars are being deducted from income taxes by rich right-wing Republicans.

If I had been I.R.S. director, I would have targeted groups for review this way.  You start with the ones with the most donations and work down.  O.F.A. would probably be in that mix, but so would Rove's group, the Romney front group, and the Koch Brothers.  These groups are making the whole idea of democracy a delusion, and some idiots from the I.R.S. have now made them look like victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment