Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fundraising suggestions


A few days ago I asked for some fundraising suggestions to keep our office open.  I wasn’t overwhelmed with responses, but I did receive a few suggestions via email.  I especially appreciated the ideas from a reader in Belgium.  I was also gratified that she didn’t tell me to sit in our store window like the women she showed me in the red light district of Brussels.  I well remember some of those women--the one dressed like a teacher with ruler in hand and the one who looked like a Catholic school girl come to mind.

We’ve been scouting various farmers’ markets that have flea market type booths, but we weren’t impressed.  I think what we will do is pool our extraneous possessions and have a giant yard sale, probably in my yard.  I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that the Grange does some fund raising by having a bean soup sale. Maybe something could be done with saurkraut or some other food item. Maybe a sweet corn roast. Everybody has to eat. Beltsville dam is a big draw of people on weekends. Are there any members of DIC living along Pohopoco drive where you could set up a stand to sell corn etc?

    ReplyDelete