Monday, November 23, 2015

Trump and Muslims

I had planned to write about our trip to the Brandywine River Museum today, but I feel the need to comment on Trump’s latest remarks on Muslims.  

As most people who were around on September 11, 2001, I can tell you where I was when I heard about the World Trade Center attacks.  I know that the press reported on nothing else for days.  I also know that had thousands of people cheered the attack, that would have been front page news.  It wasn’t.  It didn’t happen.  I do remember that we got reports of Iranians being shocked and in sympathy with Americans.

Yet Trump, who claims to have an amazing memory, can recall thousands of New Jersey Muslims cheering the attacks.

Gov. Christie, Governor of New Jersey, issued a weasel statement that he can’t recall such cheering, but then added that he can’t remember everything.

Ben Carson, who had a chance to distinguish himself, instead says he remembers seeing a video of the cheering.  These is a video no one has been able to produce.

The only Republican Presidential candidate who has come out looking good on this is Marco Rubio, who stated it never happened.


I once thought Trump was sort of funny.  As I have learned about his cheating of thousands of students with his “Trump University,” his stiffing of creditors in his bankruptcy filings, his vicious attacks on Muslims, and his “birther” claims on the President, I am no longer amused.  He is an evil man, and he must be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment