Thursday, June 22, 2017

I blame Mike Pence

We were heading east on old U.S. 6 near South Bend when all of a sudden a sign appeared:  "Road Closed Ahead."  No detour signs.  No numbered roads.  Just a twisting maze of two lane blacktops running through farms and woodlands.

We ended up in Michigan driving east for about 20 miles until we saw a sign for the Indiana Turnpike.

Here's something else.  Where I-80 East crosses the Indiana Turnpike there is no interchange.

I will never again criticize the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.  We are staying about 15 miles west of the Ohio border near Angola.  I can't wait to get to Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. I recently drove across Indiana, needless to say I have never been impressed with the state. We always feel as if they have their clocks 100 years in the past. There are still areas that have blue laws. Oh, and on June first they more than doubled the tolls on the turnpike. The rich get richer.

    ReplyDelete