Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Like pulling teeth

My mother came from a family of 15.  She was a teenager during the Depression.  I have a picture of her home; it looks like a Dorothea Lange FSA photo.  

When she or one of her brothers and sisters had a toothache, her Father had one answer–pull it.  She said her father would give the patient some whiskey before starting the procedure.

Today I had two teeth pulled, and I am so glad that I:
     live in a time of modern dentistry.
     have dental insurance.
     am wealthy enough to pay what the insurance doesn’t cover.
     am married to a woman who schleps me around, cooks soft food, fills 
my prescriptions,and takes care of me.
     have friends like retired dentist Jan as well as Janette and Anne with 

their wealth of medical experience to give me encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment