Friday, June 28, 2019

Biden and Harris

In the debate last night Kamela Harris, with what seemed like a planned emotional outburst, chastised Biden for saying he worked with ardent segregationists like Talmadge and Eastland.

Harris, I’ll bet, would advocate talking to the leaders of Iran, although I don’t know that for a fact.  

Here’s what House Majority Whip James Clyburn, the highest ranking African American in Congress, said about this.  “I worked with Strom Thurmond all my life.  You don’t have to agree with people to work with them.”


While I think Harris was terribly unfair, I also think Biden sounded flummoxed.  Who would I want debating Trump?  That would be Harris.  

2 comments:

  1. One thing I've learned about politics is, this is only the first debate. A lot can happen before future debates. I would think that all of the candidates have staff researching their opponents for whatever they can use in future debates. Time will tell who gets the nod. I still don't know who I would support. Any one of them would be better than individual one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Any one of the 20 would be better, even the lady who talked about love. Even the governor of Montana who didn't qualify.

    ReplyDelete