Sunday, May 24, 2020

The Old Farmer make money

We live just across the road from the trailhead for Christman Trail in Beltzville State Park.  The trail is on land that the Christman family once owned that was taken by eminent domain for the park.  

It occurs to me that I could make a sign that says, “Tales from the Old Farmer, $5.00,” sit on a chair at the trailhead, and regale visitors with local lore.  I could ask people to sit six feet away and tell them about growing up on the farm in the 40s and 50s.  There were probably at least 20 carloads of people today, and I am expecting an equal amount tomorrow.  

I believe I could make some money.  The “tales” would not have to be totally true.  No one would know.  I have a straw hat, and I can do an authentic Pennsylvania Dutch accent.  I might try this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it! Just remember to document all your income. The IRS might come looking for you. You know individual one, you are not a major corporation that doesn't have to pay taxes. Of course if you contribute to his campaign, maybe it might be overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice. The "Old Farmer" thanks you.

    ReplyDelete