Tuesday, May 26, 2020

What I miss

The social distancing and self-quarantining have been going on for over two months, and there are some things I really do miss.

the library.  I just received a note today that the Palmerton Library will be providing curbside service, but that isn’t the same as browsing the shelves and talking to the staff.

movies.  We averaged a movie a week.  Now even when the virus is gone, so is the Mahoning Theater.  I know there’s the Angela in Coaldale and the Pocono in East Stroudsburg, but neither are as convenient.

the liquor store.  I haven’t had any rum in months.

my “burner phone.”  There was a Radio Shack in Broadheadsville that always added a year’s worth of calls to my phone, but about two weeks into the shutdown, that Radio Shack closed for good.  Now I don’t know where to add minutes, and when I go to a store and it has a number posted on the door to call for curbside service, it does me no good.  

our trip across the country.  We had planned to drive to CA, leaving May 15, and traveling for about three weeks. 

our local Democratic meetings.  Defeating Trump is serious business on which the future of our nation depends (no exaggeration), but I also enjoy the camaraderie of fellow liberals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment