Saturday, December 5, 2020

Wearing Orange

 One of the first rules of hunting I was taught was to be sure of my target.  If you are hunting for deer, you don’t fire until you clearly see a deer, not a shape moving through the woods.

Unfortunately, many Pennsylvania hunters are evidently so eager to bag a deer that they will shoot at just about anything that moves.  Some of them may shoot at a deer, but without taking into account what is beyond that deer, not thinking that a rifle bullet can travel hundreds of yards.

And now we have Sunday hunting, which means I can’t take a Sunday walk in Beltzville State Park across the road from my house without worrying about getting shot, and I am supposed to wear fluorescent orange for the idiots who are too stupid to distinguish between a deer and a hiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment