Saturday, October 23, 2021

The vote on the retention of Penna. appellate court judges

 In Pennsylvania we decide on whether or not judges in the appellate courts should be “retained.”  We voted on the retention of four this year, and I voted against all four.  All four are registered Republicans.  Here is my reasoning.  

The Republican Party has been taken over by Trumpist thugs.  It is very easy to change parties–I’ve done it myself a number of times.  If someone is now a Republican, even if she or he does not back Trump–she or he is in a party that does back Trump, with over half of its adherents believing that Trump won the election in 2020.  A judge who retains membership in that party does not deserve to be on the bench.

If you want to share this with your friends, that’s fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment