Friday, October 15, 2021

Yard signs

 Today I took around yard signs for the Democratic candidates for Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Superior Court, and Commonwealth Court, four candidates in all.  I put over 100 miles on the truck and either delivered the signs to various activists or actually stuck them into lawns–with permission, of course.

I did a tour of Carbon County, visiting Towamensing, Lower Towamensing, East Penn, Mahoning, and Banks Townships the boroughs of Summit Hill and Nesquehoning, and the village of Tresckow.

Are yard signs important?  Short answer:  yes.  They increase name recognition, and they give hope to supporters.  I am convinced that one of the reasons Biden did better in Carbon County in 2020 than Clinton did in 2016 is because of the large number of Biden yard signs along with billboards.  All Clinton voters saw was Trump signs; Biden voters realized he had support and they weren’t alone.

Bottom line:  I feel good about today’s work.

4 comments: