Monday, January 10, 2022

An anti-vaxxer looks at smoking

First of all, how do we even know that smoking is dangerous?  The cigarette companies say it is ok, and they are big companies that have been around for decades.  Why would I trust some so-called scientist who probably never smoked a day in his life, and, by the way, who paid for that research?


Secondly, I know a lot of people who smoke, and they are doing just fine.  None of them have lung cancer.  My mom smoked when she was pregnant with me, and I don’t have any problems.


And why is the government making the cigarette companies put labels on their packages saying that smoking is dangerous?  This is a free country with free speech.  Forcing companies to tell consumers that smoking can be harmful is federal overreach.  Besides, I read on Facebook that smoking can actually benefit one’s health.


My own freedom is impinged upon when you tell me I can’t go into a crowded bar or an airplane and smoke.  I have a right as an American to blow my smoke on other people.  It is not my responsibility to look out for these whiners.  I can do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment