Monday, January 3, 2022

"Click Bait"

I just watched an eight-episode Netflix series entitled “Click Bait.”  It’s a murder mystery set in Oakland.  I watched it mostly because it was fun to see Oakland landmarks, like the Tribune Tower or Lake Merritt or the Alameda County Courthouse.  Almost every TV drama set in the Bay Area is set in San Francisco.  


San Francisco isn’t a real city.  It’s a large motion picture lot.  I worked in Oakland for years.  Our daughter went to elementary school in Oakland.  Oakland has the best California natural history museum and the best collection of California art of any city, including L.A.  Oakland has the best ribs.  It’s a bit gritty, but there are those of us who love it. 


I seldom watch anything more than 15 minutes because of a limited attention span, but I stuck with this one until the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment