Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Complicit?

In the Eighties I was upset that Walmart was destroying the fabric of small towns.  It would put up a giant store at the edge of town, sell goods cheaper than the local stores could sell them, and drive these stores out of business.  Customers decided that they would rather save money than support their local merchants, and soon downtowns all across America were full of vacant storefronts.  

I have never shopped at a Walmart.  Screw Walmart.

I believe that social media has been a major factor in the decline of democracy in the U.S.  Look at what Trump did with Twitter.  Look at how the Proud Boys and similar groups were able to organize. 

Screw Facebook.

I just read that many people are irritated by giant warehouses built in their towns.  I wonder how many of those people are buying packages from Amazon.

If you don’t like something, reject it.  You don’t really need it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment